Friday, January 20, 2017

Goodbye Holidays, Hello 2017!

Happy 2017 to all of you! I thought I'd share some photos of holiday break since it was a blast. The first week was nonstop partying and hosting and hanging out with all of our old friends who return home each Christmas. Don and I are basically some of the only people that stayed in Edmonton long-term, so all our high school and University friends are long gone. This makes the holiday convening intensely joyous and... exhausting (I'm old, and can't party the same way I used to). After new years I was full of love and joy, and had bags under my eyes from late nights. 

The holiday season began when I made a whining Alice put on a dress, for my students' Christmas piano recital. I only managed to get her to wear the dress for the photo. Afterwards, she took it off and put on sweat pants. 


 We carved out a bit of time to take kids on a tour of city hall!


































Lounging around with two of my besties - We had an abbreviated visit, but every moment together was pure sweetness.

Had a chance to wish the wonderful staff and ED at Boyle Street Community Services a Merry Christmas, celebrating Apricity's partnership with YEG Cycle for Boyle Street's H.E.R. program



I, uh... went to a dinner party and was REALLY into these toy yorkies. 


































Took the kids sledding on new years day - Hanging out with the cousins and their crew.

 Then, Don and I did some road tripping through the mountains and skied on Maligne Lake. It was C-O-L-D but, as usual, once you put on all the layers and start moving around... sweat.


The next day we skiied just outside of Clearwater. It was gorgeous! It was a beautiful day, the trails were fantastic, and we even ate our brown bag lunch in the little warming hut they have there. We just pulled in on a whim, and it turned out to be amazing.

Getting back from vacation featured back-to-work whip lash. Although I was emotionally happy and felt rested, that whole week was rough.

Here is my attempt at a well-lit, daytime self-portrait that was required for a publication. There was a tight turnaround and I didn't have time to find somebody so I did it myself. Non-phone selfies are hard. But, out of the hundred or so I took, there were 3 that were salvageable. So, let's chalk that up to successfully completing the assignment.




We were so lucky to enjoy 2 shows of Mayor Reads Mean Tweets, graciously donated by Rapid Fire Theatre, with all funds raised going to United Way! It was exactly like what it sounds like.

HILARIOUS.

 And, bedtime snuggles with the babies.

Good to be back into the swing of things. Here's to 2017 being a great one!




No comments:

Post a Comment